I don't care about clothes


It's New Year's Eve and I'm sorting through my closet.
I own some really cool designer items that I almost never wear. I bought them because I wanted something to blog about. Now they just take up hanger space and I keep them around because they're unique...but not actually enjoyable to wear. Some items are too tight, some ride up awkwardly, some  make me plain old self-conscious.
I'll tell you what, I'm glad I'm not a fashion blogger anymore. I used to spend a lot of money on clothes and it was never enough because there was constantly something new to want and something else to write about. These days I've slimmed my daily wears down to somewhat of a uniform: fitted pants, blank t-shirt, cardigan. It works for my job, it's comfortable, and I feel like myself. Maybe the outfit is not as fun as the colorful tights and dresses that I used to put together but it's much more practical. Not to say I'll never wear another quirky outfit again but I'm not so obsessed with it. Fashion never really felt like my thing. I guess you just have to try things out to know whether or not they're for you.

Here are some things I've tried in the past year that I now know aren't for me:

-very involved sewing projects
-field hockey
-buying indie designer clothes for the sake of owning indie designer clothes

Here are some things I've tried that are totally for me:

-felting
-rock climbing
-cutting six sided paper snowflakes
-running my own preschool classroom

So now it's a new year and I'm feeling good about it.

2018.

I'm turning 28 this year.

I was toying with the idea of doing a 365 photography project in place of my fashion blog but let's be real here, preschool wipes all my energy and doing a photo a day would probably be too much for me right now. That being said, I do have some photo goals.
This year I want to try a new kind of photography. Steering away from fashion, from weddings, from events, I want to photograph scenes. Specifically, I want to build a gnome village in the forest and photograph it. I want to create I Spy book style photos that a viewer can get lost in. I want to create tiny worlds that entice the imagination.

That's my main goal.

Well, that and go to the gym twice a week. We still have our membership to the rock climbing gym and I want to make sure we use it.

Anyhow, I gotta dash.

Time to party until midnight!