Rainbow Elves on a January Day


I've been in and out of love with wool for the past few months. Sometimes a felting needle can set my spirit free and other times it feels like a tedious chore. Last night the power went out in our house so I turned to my needle and wool and began felting by flashlight. The result was this little set of acorn capped rainbow elves. They make me happy. 

This morning I took them in my coat pocket for a walk around the Pennypack creek. The air was cold but the sun was starting to shine as I played with the elves and my camera. I only had about 40 minutes before work but I really got into the flow of fiddling and was sorry to pack away my equipment and head out of the woods. So now my mind is at work thinking of other images I can make and other felted creatures I can create.