I'm sick to death of branding....


If you spend anytime trying to establish yourself online, you hear a lot about branding.

To stand out, you need a distinct brand. Your brand needs to be bold and cohesive. You need images and colors that represent who you are. You need a mission statement.

You need to sell yourself.

I tried this. I tried this hard. I made myself a sustainable fashion blog. I shared my images, outfits, and diy projects. I took blogging courses online and agonized over my insta feed color scheme. Branding is fun but promoting myself as just one thing....I can't boil my online mission into a catchy sentence because there's a lot more to me than that.

I read from other bloggers who seem so put together. They've found their mission and they're sticking to it.

But me?

I've got too many interests.

I'm all over the map.

I want to explore everything.

Vintage dresses, song writing, nature walks, medieval history, coffee brews, waldorf education, photography, poetry, rock climbing....There just isn't enough time in the day.

So I think a lot about a personal brand when maybe I should just embrace the fact that I'm not complete yet. I'm still becoming. Still figuring things out.

But since setting Outfit Zest aside, I've been feeling a bit too floaty. The wind has left my sails. The path is no longer laid before me.

I've made myself a photography portfolio site to be professional.
I have this website which I love the aesthetic of but it feels a bit too personal to promote.
I think I'd like to create something in between but I'm not sure what that looks like yet.

Any ideas of what I should blog about?